- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 8 months ago by MD.
April 18, 2018 at 11:01 am #1187Heartfulness Team- Mauritius c/o S.Gowtum Motah
“We have to use our self to discipline our own self. Discipline essentially must come from inside. The normal understanding of discipline is, that it is enforced by external authority; the other is created from inside by our Self, out of love for that Self, understanding that discipline means survival. Discipline means survival of the highest nature in beauty, in bliss, in an understanding of truth, in a perception of reality, in omnipotence of existence, in all pervasiveness of influence”. P.Rajagopalachari
1. It is proposed that students of secondary schools be requested to come up with guidelines for disciplines by students (i.e worked out by students themselves after they have done few sessions of Relaxation/ Meditation).
2. They should also propose how are they going to implement and monitor the discipline guidelines
3. They could be given some topics on which to work. Students can reflect in groups and one representative of the groups can present proposals of the group.
SOME TOPICS FOR STUDENTS TO REFLECT AND MAKE PROPOSALS:
1. Cleanliness in class/ decorations (desks, floor, walls, windows etc— classes could be given prizes).
2. Clean Yard (use of dust bins).
3. Clean Toilets
4. Energy Savings Measures
5. Respect among students (good communication/proper language to be used at all times)
6. Respect for teachers and other students
7. Respect for parents, elders
8. Helping needy students /students with poor performance
9. Community/Voluntary work –
10. Tree Planting Campaign—No. of trees to be planted by students
11. Punctuality in class and homework
12. Behaviour in class (including when teacher is not in class)
13. Relaxation (e.g Guided Heartfulness Relaxation –To Think better, Feel better and Perform better
14. Helping staff during free time– e.g in Library, Laboratories
15. Others to be decided by students (or proposed by teachers)
16. Campaign against drugs, smoking, alcohol etc – a clip could be prepared by students for MBC
17. Bio Farming
18.Honest Approach to Life
19.Helping Mother at home
20. Need for regular dining with whole family
21. Family time – sharing and dialogue
22.Strengthening of Inter community relationship – need to participate actively in national festivals, etc
23. Helping the poor
Before starting any reflections students could be given the guided Heartfulness Relaxation so that they become calm and go deep within themselves and come up with creative insights.
Above are just few guidelines- students to work out comprehensive guidelines0