It is great to witness so many new multi-storey buildings being constructed in Ebene with a view to decentralise offices with the ultimate aim of reducing congestion in the capital. However, decentralisation of offices brings together a number of other issues that requires consideration. For instance, decentralisation of offices from Port Louis to Ebene in itself requires a provision for parking spaces in Ebene for a large number of employees.
It is alarming to note that most car users who work in the offices of Ebene have no other option than to park their cars on both sides of the road which eventually represents a danger to other road users. This practice also leads to traffic jam during peak hours.
1. As such, there is a need for relevant authorities to ensure that sufficient parking spaces are catered for whenever an application for a new building is made.
2. Need to construct multi-storeyed buildings dedicated to parking facilities
1. Less cars parked on both sides of the road thus reducing the number of accidents
2. Reduced traffic jam during peak hours
3. Less stress to find parking spaces